Saturday 20 December 2008

Improvise, Adapt, Darwin, I Ching...

So basically I've been getting a little bored of the blog as you may be able to see. I have been doing stuff, but I don't really feel like writing all the boring details here. At this point I'm just going to skip a lot of details and write about the bigger things. I guess the big news is that I'm back in San Francisco. Jac and I left the farm on Tuesday and travelled down to see a cool book store just north of SF. She left me there to make the long journey back up to Eugene in Oregon and I got the bus into the city.

It is so weird, I don't feel like I ever went to the farm. It feels like I never left the hostel. The cool thing is that I feel like I know the city a little better now and I can talk with people about good places to see. I met back up with Rika, a Japanese girl I met at the hostel here on the way to the farm. It was good to have someone I could just talk to straight away. It turned out that the Academy of Science in Golden Gate park was having a free admission day on Wednesday so I decided to go along. I met Rika there because she was visiting with people from here language class. I didn't get to see everything but it was definitely a cool place and I took plenty of photos. Here are some choice cuts.








Thursday night was cool because there was another pub crawl organised by the hostel. The pub crawl is the best way to get to know people and and to just have a laugh. Jesse, who was leading the group decided to take us to some very... different... bars. It was an awesome night though and as far as I know everyone had fun.

Pamela tries to explain what kind of club we're in




Check out that artwork


This morning was difficult. I wasn't really hung over (to be honest I suspect I was still just a little drunk), I just couldn't be bothered to go and do any shopping. I have been incredibly lucky though, I met Nicki. Nicki works on the breakfast bar and I got talking to her yesterday, so today I just spent most of the morning drinking coffee and talking shit. Luckily it turned out that she also had shopping to do and was going with a friend to shop in the afternoon. Being the lovely person she is, she invited me along. Naturally I accepted. It was an awesome day and really great to see the city with someone who lives here.

Its people like Nicki that make this trip so cool. Don't get me wrong, most people are OK, but you meet a lot of weirdos when you travel. You also meet a lot of boring, or insecure, or stupid people but every now and then you meet someone who you can just feel relaxed around and really enjoy hanging out with them. As a result, I didn't take any photos today but if I had, they would have all been awesome.

So now you are up to date on what is going on. Go away.

1 comment: